Trending Today ...
Social Security assistance available at JAVC

KINGMAN – The Jerry Ambrose Veterans Council of

republican party logo
LBRW to host monthly meeting

LAKE HAVASU CITY – The London Bridge Republican

Hilltop Foursquare offering kid’s day camp

KINGMAN – Hilltop Foursquare Church will host a

County Corner: Preventing deed fraud

Some of you might have already heard about

Kingman Moose Lodge hosts charity cornhole tournament

The Kingman Moose Lodge and Kingman Cornhole hosted

‘Learn to Fly’ event is free for adults

KINGMAN – On Saturday May 23, the Experimental

Thank you for reading The Standard newspaper online!

MV man shot by police fails to recall incident

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve.php?size=1&id=13316132

MOHAVE VALLEY – A Mohave Valley man who was wounded in an officer-involved shooting (OIS) last month displayed a lack of recall during his Monday arraignment before Mohave County Superior Court Judge Lee Jantzen.

Judges verify personal information during such proceedings, but Richard Crist, 67, was unable to provide his residential address.

“I can’t think of it right now, your Honor,” Crist told Jantzen while appearing by video teleconferencing from the Adult Detention Facility. “I can’t remember.”

Defense attorney Dominic Mendoza explained Crist’s memory issues are associated with being provided substantial medical care since being shot several times in a February 8 encounter with Mohave County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) deputies.

The incident is the subject of a Lake Havasu City Police Department (LHCPD) review as it is standard practice to have outside law enforcement agencies conduct independent investigations of OIS incidents. The LHCPD has reported that deputies were conducting a welfare check regarding a potential suicidal male subject possibly armed with a knife at a property in the 8200 block of South green Valley Road in Mohave Valley.

Sergeant Kyle Ridgway said 19-year MCSO veteran John Goodwin shot Crist in the chest when the defendant pointed what looked like a handgun at him. Crist was transported to a local hospital before he was flown to a Las Vegas facility for treatment of life-threatening injuries.

Mendoza entered not guilty pleas on behalf of the defendant who is charged with two counts of aggravated assault. Judge Jantzen said convictions on either count would bring punishment ranging from 7- to 21-year prison terms.

Judge Jantzen scheduled a March 31 pre-trial conference for Crist.