KINGMAN – The morning of November 21, the Northern Arizona Fire District (NAFD) responded to a structure fire in the 1400 block of N. Devlin Ave. NAFD found smoke coming from a casita used as a living space.
There was no one inside the structure, however a small dog was rescued. The damage was confined to the mattress and box springs.
Evidence shows the fire cause was smoking in bed. Additionally, there was no smoke detectors installed.
As a reminder, please make sure you have working smoke detectors anywhere someone is sleeping. Smoking in bed never has a good outcome.